Introduction to Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint Presentation
Department of Physics
MS WORD (8hrs)
An overview of the different features of Microsoft Word . Participants will learn to use Microsoft Word to produce professional-looking documents. Features included are typing, formatting, editing, document spacing, margins, page numbering and saving a document.
- Create a new document.
- Open, save and print a document.
- Edit and format text.
- Change the page layout, background and borders.
- Insert headers and footers.
- Insert and edit tables.
- Insert clip art and pictures to documents.
- Word Basics
- Work with Text
- Format Documents
- Work with Text Objects
- Work with References
MS EXCEL (15hours)
Tools necessary to create and use basic spread sheets; Participants will receive an overview of the interface and learn the various methods for entering and editing data. Additionally, participants will learn the various ways to write simple formulae.
- Examine spreadsheet concepts and explore the Microsoft Office Excel environment.
- Create, open and view a workbook.
- Save and print workbooks.
- Enter and edit data.
- Modify a worksheet and workbook.
- Learn to use functions and formulae.
- Create and edit charts and graphics.
- Filter and sort table data.
- Import and export data.
- Excel Basics
- Work with Cells and Worksheets
- Calculate Your Data
- Format your Workbook
- Add Charts and Graphics
- Analyze your Data
MS POWERPOINT PRESENTATION (7hours)
Participants will learn how to create a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation. Functions covered in this session are how to create a slide, add content (text, graphics, objects and pictures) to present a show.
- Examine slide show presentation concepts and explore the Microsoft Office PowerPoint environment.
- Create a new presentation.
- Modify presentation themes.
- Add and edit text to slides.
- Add new slides to a presentation.
- Insert clipart images and shapes to slides.
- Insert and modify tables and charts.
- Add sound and video to a slide presentation.
- Insert and edit animations and slide transitions.
- Display a speaker-lead and self-running presentation.
- PowerPoint Basics
- Create Presentations
- Insert and Modify Text
- Work with Graphics and Media
- Final Preparations
- Deliver a Presentation