CONDUCT AND DISCIPLINE OF STUDENTS
- It shall be the bounden duty of every student to abide by the rules and regulations of the college, and to conduct himself with discipline and decorum in all places and under all circustances.
- Every student shall attend classes with regularity and punctuality and
shall refrain from any action that may disturb the smooth working of the college
- Students shall be clean and decorous in dress, language and behaviour.
- Smoking, use of alcohol, drugs etc are strictly prohibited in the college
premises. Students shall not enter the college drunk.
- Every student shall salute the members of the teaching staff on the
occasion of first meeting them within the college premises and
whenever he meets them in public.
- When a teacher enters a class-room, the students shall rise and remain
standing till they are directed to sit or till the teacher takes his seat.
- When classes are in session, students shall not enter or leave the
class rooms without the permission of the teachers concerned.
- While moving from one class to another, especially through stairs,
students are expected to KEEP LEFT in a line, leaving sufficient room
for those coming in the opposite directions.
- Students who may be free during class-time shall not loiter on the
veranda or on the premises of the college library/ auditorium.
- Every student shall handle college property with care and shall do
everything in his power to preserve the cleanliness and tidiness of the furniture, buildings and the premises.
- The loss or damage caused to the college articles will be made good
by realizing from the student concerned double the loss or damage so incurred.
- Political activism is strictly banned on the campus. Students are forbidden to organize or attend meetings other than the official ones. No student shall address any gathering in the college premises without the special permission of the Principal.
- The College Union Election in this College will be held in a non-political manner in accordance with the directions of the Hon’ble courts and the management of the college
- Megaphones, Ioudspeakers, etc., should not be used on the campus
without the express permission of the Principal. Posters, flags, memorial tombs, floral arches, festoons etc. should not be displayed on the campus.
- Indecent behaviour towards the opposite sex will not be tolerated.
- Students shall not invite or encourage outsiders to enter the campus.
- Demonstrations/ campaigning of any type during the working hours
of the college is strictly prohibited within the campus. If a group of
students wish to do anything of that sort, they may do so outside the working hours and only with the Principal’s consent.
While doing such demonstrations/campaigning the students are
expected to control their words and action. Words or action which may cause a commotion in the campus are to be avoided.
- If a student or a group of students or the entire students have any
grievance of any kind what so ever, it is to be brought to the attention of the Grievance Redressal Cell in writing. The cell on its own or in
consultation with the Principal may take necessary steps to resolve
such grievances. The Principal may call for the recommendations from the Discipline Committee /College Council, if the situation so demands.
- In tune with the instructions contained in G.O. No. RT/346/05 H.Edn. dated 1/3/2005, the use of mobile phone by students on the campus is strictly banned. The presentation of obscene cinematic dances, fashion parades etc. by whatever name called, also has been banned on college campus. A College level Ethics Committee” with the Principal as Chairman has been formed to monitor these and stringent action will be taken against offenders.
- Ragging / teasing / intimidating/ harrassing / using words of
abuse etc on junior students especially female students is punishable crime under Police Act. and such matters will be immediately reported to the police. As such acts are considered criminal offences; students involved in such acts will be given adequate punishment, which includes expulsion.
- As per the directing from the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India and
relevant instructions from the university & UGC authorities, anti-ragging committee and squad have been formed in this College.
- In all matters not specified in the forgoing rules, students shall aim at
conducting themselves respecting the right of others so as to establish and maintain good tradition and reputation for the institution.
- The authority of the Principal extends outside the campus also.